DCMA Approved Procurement System and Open Market Items

Good Afternoon,

I am researching information on how to handle open market items when placing a delivery/task order against a FSS contract when the Contractor has an approved DCMA procurement system.

FAR 8.402(f) states:

(f) For administrative convenience, an ordering activity contracting officer may add items not on the Federal Supply Schedule (also referred to as open market items) to a Federal Supply Schedule blanket purchase agreement (BPA) or an individual task or delivery order only if?

(1) All applicable acquisition regulations pertaining to the purchase of the items not on the Federal Supply Schedule have been followed (e.g., publicizing (Part 5), competition requirements (Part 6), acquisition of commercial items (Part 12), contracting methods (Parts 13, 14, and 15), and small business programs (Part 19));

(2) The ordering activity contracting officer has determined the price for the items not on the Federal Supply Schedule is fair and reasonable;

(3) The items are clearly labeled on the order as items not on the Federal Supply Schedule; and

(4) All clauses applicable to items not on the Federal Supply Schedule are included in the order.

My question is:

1. If a Contractor has an approved DCMA procurement system will that satisfy FAR 8.402(f)(1)-(4)? Additionally, can someone explain to me what a DCMA approved procurement system is and how it is used?

Thanks,

Prezmil2020

Prez, no that won't satisy the requirements in FAR part 8. You'll still need to follow parts 1-4.

As for your question about DCMA approved purchasing system, in a nutshell DCMA did a review of thier purchasing system and found it acceptable. Here is a link from the DCMA website that will explain it better. http://guidebook.dcma.mil/26/guidebook_process.htm