8(a) Sole Source Award Announcement

FSUFAN

This is a very simple question.  Do you need to post in FBO an 8(a) award announcement?  I've been in many different military installations and each are different.  So, I thought i just throw it out there and see if it's the same everywhere. Yes you do post it and why or not you don't post it and why.  Yes, I have read FAR part 5.   

The phrase award announcement is not found in FAR Part 5 so I am not sure what you are really looking for. Maybe FAR 5.303(a)(1) or 5.202(a)(4)? (I am not sure of either because you have already read FAR Part 5...is the question about posting to FBO specifically, public announcements, synopsizing contract awards, synopsizing contract actions...?)

On 10/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, FSUFAN said:

I've been in many different military installations and each are different.  So, I thought i just throw it out there and see if it's the same everywhere.

Based on your own experience it doesn’t appear to be the same everywhere.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, FSUFAN said:

Yes, I have read FAR part 5.   

Did you read FAR Subpart 5.3? What’s your opinion; “do you need to post in FBO an 8(a) award announcement”? Why or why not? What has your research led you to believe?

My guess is that you are interested in knowing if you need to synopsize a contract award pursuant to FAR 5.301.

Jamaal points to the right place.

Yes, read FAR 5.301.  Then, ask yourself if you have ever seen anything (a regulation or policy) that deviates from that.  If so, please share it here.

A primer:  FAR subpart 5.2 covers pre-solicitation synopses.  Subpart 5.3 covers post-award synopses.  Anyone who reads the text will know this, but many among us don’t read the text. 

To be clear, despite being labeled as a simple question, the question is missing several key pieces of information. For example, the dollar value, subcontracting opportunities, and World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement or a Free Trade Agreement applicability could drive the answer. See also, FAR 5.301(b) for a long list of other possible drivers (exceptions).