Looking for some help from the braintrust on WIFCON.  My company wants to implement a tool to facilitate and assist in our vetting of organizational conflicts of interest when we are evaluating new business opportunities.  We're looking for a product that would include a workflow and could also conduct searches of contracts the company has previously been awarded.  Are there any tools available that others are using and would recommend?

On 10/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, The Contract Cook said:

Looking for some help from the braintrust on WIFCON.  My company wants to implement a tool to facilitate and assist in our vetting of organizational conflicts of interest when we are evaluating new business opportunities.  We're looking for a product that would include a workflow and could also conduct searches of contracts the company has previously been awarded.  Are there any tools available that others are using and would recommend?

I am not a braintrust. I am having difficulty understanding why a simple excel database maintained by the program office would not be an acceptable tool. Each contract should be displayed and a check mark provided in the event it is determined that any OCI situation is potentially implicated by the work under that contract. Under FAR contracts, for example, 9.505-1 to 9.505-4. If any check mark appears, the new business opportunity and the flagged contract need to be evaluated for possible implication.

It is commendable that your company is trying to think this out. It is not an easy area.

Edited by Neil Roberts
delete extraneous words