effect of GSA schedule cancellation

Suppose a company knows it'll outgrow the NAICS associated with its GSA schedule in a year. Company is in year 3.5 of a GSA option and would like to be small on its GSA schedule for more than 1.5 years. So company would like to cancel its GSA contract, immediately reapply with all offered terms and conditions identical, to remain "grandfathered in" as small for five years, vice 1.5.

Obviously there's a practical risk that the negotiations won't go through quickly, company will miss opportunities, etc.  But is there anything else that would stop companies taking this gamble?

First GSA spends a lot of time and administrative expense evaluating offers and making award.  It will quickly become evident what your motives are.  So you’re making them spend resources so you can play games and stay small at the expense of other companies not being evaluated and awarded in the same time period.

I didn't say I had or was planning to do this. But there is a lot of gamemanship in federal contracts, we all know that, right?  it's such an obvious strategy, I would think there would be specific rules against it and hoped someone could point me to them.

Or does everything at GSA just come down to who you know...

https://www.gsaig.gov/sites/default/files/audit-reports/A170118_1.pdf