Definition of a Procurement Request

Gene

Gene:

I would Google "purchase request," "procurement request," "purchase order request," etc., and find out what is wanted on the forms that appear.  Also think of "requsition request," "requsition order number," which may be similar of the same as a "procurement request."  Only look at those items from a dot.gov or dot.mil site.

Here is something from DoD's Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI).  Check the difference between the DoD PGI and DoD DFARS before you use it.  Also, you may wish to Google "COR Handbook," etc. to see what you can find there.  If you understand what the procurement request collects, you will understand its function, and you probably can develop your own definition.

Consider what other's post in this topic.

20 hours ago, Gene said:

What is the definition of a Procurement Request package?  Is it defined somewhere?   Must it include the full funding/incremental funding equal to the IGCE for the base?  Or for IDIQs, the minimum? 

Part of your question relates to whether a "procurement request package" is defined somewhere.  I would offer, if you are in DoD, the local contracting office has a great deal of discretion in deciding when it has to start taking action on a purchase request.  Consider DFARS PGI 211.7001(b) ("Purchase requests shall include all supporting documentation required by local contract procedures.")

EDIT:  Sorry, Mr. Antonio, you seem to have already covered this in your earlier post.  I'm not reading as closely as I should.

A PR is when someone hands you an envelope of money and says 'Can you go get ________________ for me?  It's cool with everyone if we get _______.' 

Except on paper instead of in person.  Then I launch into the particulars.

I found this explanation is good for new folks.  If your audience is more sophisticated please disregard.