FAR archives

According to their website, CCH may be the only place that has it electronically that far back.

Here's the only electronic archive reference available for the entire Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) since its inception. The ideal companion reference to the CCH Government Contracts Reporter, FAR Archives furnishes previous versions of both the FAR and selected agency FAR supplements dating all the way back to the first effective date of April 1, 1984.

http://onlinestore.cch.com/productdetail.a...tid=200#Pricing

Looking for online versions of the FAR earlier than 1998, preferably not Lexis or Westlaw. The acquisition.gov site only goes to 1998 (it has links to 1995 but those do not work), and the Hill AFB site does not even go that far.

Are you looking for a particular section of the FAR or a FAR clause with a specific date, or that would have been current as of a particular date?

I am not sure how far back you need to go, but the GPO has FAR versions going back to October 1996.

Access their website at:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfr-tab...arch.html#page1

and then scroll down to the Federal Acquisition regulation System, Title 48.

Actualy, this is a great site to access any of the code of Federal Regulations (CFR).

Guest Vern Edwards

It's not going to be easy to find a non-subscription source that goes back further than about 1995, which is when such stuff began to be posted on the internet. I don't know of any source for older material than Lexis or Westlaw. Of course, you can always go to a law library and see the older editions on a microfiche of the CFR, but that's a nuisance.

It may be that the webmaster for acquisition.gov just needs to fix the links.

Thanks everyone. I ended up resorting to Lexis. Sure enough, the change I was looking for came in 1991, well before the GPO and acquisition.gov links. Had to go back to 1986 to find the proposed rule and the explanation for it. Don't know why the long delay, but apparently nothing happened because the final rule was the same as the proposed.

• 5 months later...