Contracts Manager

2 hours ago, MDGreen said:

What are my options if a CS ask to see the Proposed hours. labor Rates and profit on an FFP cost proposal?

ji properly answered your question as you posed it.  However, that is probably not the type of answer you were hoping to get.  Do you want to try again this time providing more detail and context to what your true question is?

14 hours ago, ji20874 said:

Option 1.  Share the data.  

Option 2.  Don’t share the data.

Agreed !  Please provide some context to your question. 

Hint: what is the FFP proposal for?

For example:

• What are you negotiating?

• New contract?

• Order on existing contract?

• A modification to existing contract?

•  Is it competitive or are you the only firm? 

•  other details that might be relevant to clarify your question

Thanks  

I am new to this forurm and did not know the depth that the question needed to be asked. I do appreciate Joel Hoffman's outline :

What are you negotiating?

• New contract? This is a new contract that is sole sourced to our company. It actually should have been awarded as a multi year contract with option years. I have a new CS who does not really know that they are doing and has made several errors on the RFQ letter. We were T&M last time this contract was awarded but they have decided to do a FFP contract this time. This is what makes me think that they we are not required to give rates, hours and profit.

MD, 15.402 is also applicable. The government may request details (if necessary) in order to perform cost and/or price analysis necessary to establish that the price or prices are fair and reasonable or to be able to negotiate fair and reasonable price(s). 

1 hour ago, MDGreen said:

This is a new contract that is sole sourced to our company.

Dr. Green, because the contract is a sole source, there is no competition. Because there is no competition to support price analysis, it looks like your customer is attempting to perform cost analysis. That's why you need to provide the cost information, even though the contract, when awarded, will be FFP. The others gave you the appropriate FAR references to read in order to understand where the government is coming from.