Communications with Industry

Jdan6

I am in CON 360 and looking for feedback on the following questions please:

1.  What percentage of your requirements include meetings with industry or industry days prior to solicitation?

2.  What if any, are your barriers to communication?

Edited by Jdan6

I know this is an aside..."of the time" itself makes for a confusing unit of measure...this theme comes up often on customer's first drafts of service contract standards (think Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan, QASP).  I usually frame the advice I am responsible to give as "I suggest you replace. "of the time" with what percentage of "occurances" or what percentage of "observations" just as ji did above.  

14 hours ago, ji20874 said:

Do you mean what percentage of acquisitions include interactions with industry?  Or do you mean what portion of a 40-hour workweek is spent on interactions with industry?

What percentage of your acquisitions include interactions with industry?

Not sure what your intent is but there are two types of industry (preaward) interactions.  One is market research where the government learns about the marketplace.  The other is situations like industry days or preproposal activities where the government tells industry about new requirements.  Difference purposes and different types of communications.