CTAs with non-similar situated sub-contractor

I'm new to the board and I've started a SDVOSB.  I am wondering if anyone has built a decision matrix to facilitate contract teaming arrangements and determine who needs to do what to ensure set-aside threshold workloads percentages are complied with?  I have a renewable energy oriented contractor providing a unique application that I'd like to work with but need to understand how we can partner and meet the 50% or 25% workload thresholds when at the moment there are only 2 of us in my business.  I don't want to inadvertently miss a threshold on a technicality and trip myself up.  How do the COs determine you're good to go for a SDVOSB set-aside?  It would be helpful if there was a spreadsheet to assist in working through that calculation.

Are you talking about CTAs under FAR subpart 9.6, or CTAs under GSA federal supply schedule contracts?

For workload thresholds, are you talking about the agreement in para. (d) of the contract clause at FAR 52.219-27, Notice of Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Set-Aside [or para. (e) of the clause with Class Deviation 2019-O0003]?

We're kind of building two cars while we're driving them (projects for renewable energy projects that requires light construction AND selling of commodities through a retail process/E-Commerce).  So, I guess I need to understand both in lay terms.  I assume it is situational. 

Project/Construction:  I have a couple of other small businesses with no disadvantaged certs who want to pair up to provide some pretty unique capabilities that would help the fed gov/municipal locations in my region.  So I need to understand how to setup the agreement properly so I can reflect the appropriate workload sharing.  We will be providing the forward facing in-person collaboration with the Fed Gov entity, coordinating the logistics, negotiating the projects and providing oversight.  However, at this point in time, I'm not planning to have employees with their hand in the dirt so-to-speak--that's my teaming partner's lane.  For a contract that falls into the construction lane, the workload split may be easy to achieve considering the 25% threshold that carries.  I just don't fully understand the weight a CO gives the different categories of labor when calculating which team partner is doing what.

Commodities (widgets) sales:  We're on-boarding vendors for equipment and supplies so eventually will go through the GSA/FSS process.  There are a few OEMs/Vendors who want to work with me already.  In addition to that, parts/supplies/equipment/widgets, I need to make sure I'm not over-interpreting the workload thresholds to keep the SDVOSB in play. 

I also assume that in some cases, the similarly situated partner will drive me to compete simply as a small business and partner for Total Small Business set-asides and I won't be able to put the SDVOSB in play on some SDVOSB set-asides occasionally--or am I overthinking it?

I have learned more today that it will mostly require assigning tasks on the statement of work to each teaming partner.  That will drive a different answer with every contract so it is situational.  I do think I have been overthinking it.

Yes...spoke with an attorney in the niche and she said there is a lot of fog right now and best bet is to ask the contracting officer which rule they are applying.  There are memos that have either come our or are coming out in certain NAICS directing the SBA rules be used.