Contract Clauses

what does "initiates Clauses to a Contract" mean? Does this process include all or only some of the clauses included in the contract? Can you provide some examples of clauses "initiated" by the engineer? Is the subject matter of those clauses technical engineering world clauses? If you do not work for the U.S. government, what, if anything,  does your employer's processes and procedures state about who is authorized to negotiate contracts and issue changes? Does it make sense that you and the engineer should collaborate with respect to change or removal of such clauses?   

Edited by Neil Roberts
typos

I received this from the OP yesterday.  It was sent to a Wifcon e-mail account and provides a little more information.

I have a Question a Chief Biomedical Engineer is assigned to a Service Contract, he has added Clauses and negotiated with the Vendor, can you tell me who would have the Authority to remove the Clauses in the Contract, thank you for your Response

Is the "Chief Biomedical Engineer" is a Government employee?   YES   NO

Is he or she "assigned" as an appointed--

• contracting officer?   YES   NO
  • contracting officer's representative?   YES   NO

Does "added Clauses and negotiated" mean that the clauses are already and formally included in the awarded contract?   YES   NO

Is "the Contract" a federal prime contract under the Federal Acquisition Regulation?   YES   NO