RFP for FFP Services w/Cost Clins

Just browsing my notification emails and on the 14th of May the Marines issued an RFP for their Marketing/Advertising services.  I thought I'd take a quick read through it since they announced it would be a FFP Contract action.  Come to find out, they want their core services FFP and then the travel and actual media buys as "actual" Cost Reimbursable (no fee) items.  There are about 20-attachments to the RFP as exhibits, but I only opened the one excel that dealt with the "Cost/Price" submission.  My question lies here.  A FFP action for all services identified and they want the prospective contractors to submit labor type, rates, and hours to support their FFP cost.  Reminder non of these services include the actual cost of travel or media.

Why should a contractor on an FFP response, be required to give that breakdown of data?  It does not seem to fit an FFP -- In a CPFF environment, it would apply or even a T&M, but not here - - or am i missing something. 

https://www.fbo.gov/index.php?id=0dc4e952679f8f8cb4f09bfa4a0b6855

2 hours ago, BZMANINTEXAS said:

Why should a contractor on an FFP response, be required to give that breakdown of data?  It does not seem to fit an FFP -- In a CPFF environment, it would apply or even a T&M, but not here - - or am i missing something. 

What are the evaluation criteria (Section M) and the proposal requirements (Section L)?

On 5/31/2019 at 10:48 AM, BZMANINTEXAS said:

Why should a contractor on an FFP response, be required to give that breakdown of data? 

Because the solicitation asks for it.  That isn’t an ideal answer, but it is the only one I have.  If you don’t provide it, your offer might be found unacceptable.

I didn’t see any words indicating a realism assessment, and the 52.222-46 provision is not in the solicitation, so I don’t know why the contracting officer wants the data.  Do you want to ask the contracting officer?  He or she should know.

Remember that if you object, you need to protest before offers are due.

2 hours ago, BZMANINTEXAS said:

@ napolik  see attached.

The insert appears to cover only the Section M Evaluation Criteria and the Basis of Award. Can you provide the Section L proposal requirements?