Do You Check the "Procurement List" of the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled?

bob7947

Do You Check the "Procurement List" of the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Check the "Procurement List" of the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled?

• Yes
    • No

Normally, the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled publishes its proposed additions and deletions to its Procurement List each Friday.  Since it involves government contracting, I post it to the Home Page in the Contracting Rules and Tools column whenever it appears without giving them much thought and I don't read the Committee's posts. 

I am not familiar with the Committee's rules but do know that its sources can be/are mandatory on the government. However, recently I have read the content of the Committee's weekly postings and was surprised that the items are proposed as required sources of supply for some individual federal agencies or some individual contracting activities. It made me realize that these postings are more important than I originally thought.

As a result, I am posting a yes or no question with your answers being anonymous.  If you answer no, after reading the Committee's posts, you too may realize these Committee postings are more important than you originally thought.

I check them, but only from time to time. It's mostly out of curiosity. I remember arguing with Vern that, when the Committee determines the price to be paid, that was exactly the type of exception envisioned by 15.403-1(c)(2). I'm not sure I ever convinced him...