H.R.2450 - Military Base Operations and Infrastructure Innovative Management Act

On May 1, 2019, H. R.2450 - Military Base Operations and Infrastructure Innovative Management Act, was introduced.  I read it twice and did not notice any restrictions--yet--on contracting to accomplish the goals of such a demonstration program.  In fact, the stated purpose of the bill includes testing the feasibility and benefits of using innovative technologies and systems.

We have many contracting members that are involved in base operations around the world.  The 2 sponsors of the bill are mid-ranking members of the House Defense Appropriations committee.  I have no idea if either of them can influence the House Defense Authorizing committee and I saw no companion bill in the Senate.  Assuming that this bill can attach itself to the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and it is interpreted as including contracting, can you figure out a way you can use it to solve a problem in base operations contracting?

I updated the Legislation page and remember adding some bills that may interest you.  H. R. 2500 is just a placeholder at this point.  I think the Buy American revisions may make their way into the NDAA this year because there are both bills in the House and Senate.

Thank you, Bob; this is a timely post. Organizations are increasingly seeking 'dashboards' that provide a simple view to present relevant information, show trends, risky areas, and facilitate data-driven decisions. I can see where this demonstration program might prove useful; however, my first read concluded that the program would extend to a single chosen installation.