Contract Value

ferdi

For a mod to increase the maximum contract value of a contract, which authority should be cited? The in-scope change and increase to the contract is a result of ARRA funded work being added to the contract. Should I use an authority related to ARRA? I did not see anything in the FAR unless I overlooked it. Also as I mentioned the change was reviewed by legal and determined to be in-scope and not a cardinal change or anything. Please let me know what feedback or guidance can be provided. Your insights are greatly appreciated.

For a mod to increase the maximum contract value of a contract, which authority should be cited? The in-scope change and increase to the contract is a result of ARRA funded work being added to the contract. Should I use an authority related to ARRA? I did not see anything in the FAR unless I overlooked it. Also as I mentioned the change was reviewed by legal and determined to be in-scope and not a cardinal change or anything. Please let me know what feedback or guidance can be provided. Your insights are greatly appreciated.

If this is an in-scope change, then wasn't it executed pursuant to the "Changes" clause? I assume that you are referring to Block 13 c of the SF 30.

If you are required to provide documentation for the change in the Mod file, I'd think that the "Reason for the Change" or similar term and the source of funding is the ARRA. The ARRA doesn't provide authority to modify an existing contract to add in-scope work or services, etc.