Change order for delivery

GFP no longer required on a contract must be delivered for usage on a different contract (by a different contractor).

There is no delivery/shipping CLIN in the Schedule.

May the CO issue a change order to create this CLIN, an NTE price for 1 Lot, and specify its delivery instructions IAW clause 52.243-1 Changes-Fixed-Price?

7 minutes ago, ji20874 said:

No.  Read para. (a) of the Changes clause.

You're dealing with government property, right?  Have you read the Government Property clause of the contract?

Yes. I see now, I think. No need for a new CLIN. Issue a unilateral mod citing the 52.245-1 directing delivery/return of the GFP . Then, as the clause states, settle on an equitable adjustment for the GFP delivery.

That's my interpretation. Am I reading correct?

Right.  Para. (d)(3) of the Government Property clause gives you the authority to do whatever you need to do.

The notice to return the GFP is just a notice -- it could be by letter -- a modification is not needed for the notice.

The equitable adjustment afterwards could involve a modification and a new CLIN.

Ah, the authority for the Mod on SF30 would then be the Government property clause...just sayin’....  :)