How does an Agency incorporate a proposal into a contract?

govt2310

A proposal is a sales pitch to win a contract. Only very rarely will it make sense to wholly incorporate a proposal into a contract.

However, an offeror’s performance, delivery, quality, and outcome promises should be incorporated into the resulting contract, especially when those promises were evaluated favorably and relied on in the selection process.

2 hours ago, ji20874 said:

A proposal is a sales pitch to win a contract. Only very rarely will it make sense to wholly incorporate a proposal into a contract.

However, an offeror’s performance, delivery, quality, and outcome promises should be incorporated into the resulting contract, especially when those promises were evaluated favorably and relied on in the selection process.

Again I say, it depends upon what you are contracting for.

I don’t think “rarely” is the appropriate general answer. Likely “rarely” for services.

3 hours ago, ji20874 said:

Ok, so I reread your post. I agree with your second paragraph and understand what you mean in paragraph one. I think we are on the same page.