Evaluation of Quotes

flitzer

This is in reference to a RFQ using FAR 13 Simplified Acquisition over the SAT I posted on FBO.  One of the contractor's quotes does not meet the technical requirements specified in the solicitation and the solicitation has closed; the solicitation contains the clause 52.212-1(f).  Can I establish technical capability from the contractor's website which would be sufficient to meet the technical requirements outlined in the solicitation, or can I ask the contractor to revise his quote even thought the solicitation has closed?

I assume that you did not describe a FAR 15 evaluation/ award methodology.

If you did not include in the solicitation a provision allowing you to establish compliance with tech requirements via info other than the contents of its quote, then you should obtain a revision to the quote. Or, prepare a purchase order containing all the tech requirements, send it to the contractor, and obtain the contractor's signature on the purchase order.

You need not obtain revisions from other quoters unless their quotes reflect similar "non-compliance" issues and offer a better price/ value. 

FYI, see 

If there's no question that the contractor will meet the tech requirement even though the quote didn't clearly demonstrate compliance, put together a purchase order containing all the tech requirements, get the contractor's signature and countersign the document.