FOB Destination

JLchief55

In order to insure that the supplies will be unloaded by the trucking company what do I need to make sure I have in the contract? Is it the norm that they don't unload and that the govt is responsible?

Check the clause at 52.247-15

As stated in 47.207-5 (e) Loading and unloading: The contracting officer shall insert the clause at 52.247-15, Contractor Responsibility for Loading and Unloading, when the contractor is responsible for loading and unloading shipments

JL - I think the answer depends on what your're contracting for - which you haven't told us. If it's supplies, bremen's suggestion works (make sure you provide details regarding the specific location within the consignee's premises); if it's transportation, AAC's suggestion works.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe your question is intended to ?ensure? certainty of performance not ?insure? mitigation of risk. The previous posts suggest inserting the correct clause. Granted KTRs should read and understand the terms and conditions of the K. However, I suggest you communicate this expectation to potential KTRs during your solicitation. Happy Holidays.