Resolving Contract Audit Recommendations

jmj

Please see the memo signed by Shay Assad (and dated 4 December) found at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyv...857-09-DPAP.pdf and discuss.

I know what I think of this, and I know it was a hot topic at the DOD Senior Leader Offsite this week, but I'm very curious what sort of discussion it will generate here.

(It's short, by the way--only two pages.)

Guest hooter17
Please see the memo signed by Shay Assad (and dated 4 December) found at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyv...857-09-DPAP.pdf and discuss.

I know what I think of this, and I know it was a hot topic at the DOD Senior Leader Offsite this week, but I'm very curious what sort of discussion it will generate here.

(It's short, by the way--only two pages.)

Interesting. So now the contracting officer has another process he/she has to go thru in order to get Business Clearance Review approval? Also, resolving any disputed issues requires higher level approvals before the CO and get thru the BCR and into negotiations. If that happens then this could impact contract award and if so could result in the Government issuing an extension. Whats next?

It's not clear to me whether this new process replaces the current internal DCMA review process (i.e., one or two reviews of a CO's decision when the decision is to disagree with DCAA), or if the new process is an additional one.

Looking at the process on its own, without context, it doesn't seem as onerous as some of the alternatives I've heard and read about. For example, one alternate approach was to have DCMA accept all DCAA recommendations, period. Another thought was to merge the two agencies and have the CO's report to the auditors. This new approach seems far better than it could have been.