warrant question

elevenohtoo

I recently received my warrant making me the sole warranted 1102 in the office, aside from my supervisor. I was thrilled to be able to start signing off on my own work. However, now more work is being dumped on me since I have a warrant. For example, now when my supervisor is out of the office she wants me to review/sign documents for other team members.

I am the same grade as all the other 1102?s in my office so I feel like I should be offered a higher grade and/or a team leader title if management wants me to review and sign off on the rest of the team?s work.

What is your opinion on this? Should I approach my supervisor about a higher grade/title or does this just come with being a warranted 1102?

I recently received my warrant making me the sole warranted 1102 in the office, aside from my supervisor. I was thrilled to be able to start signing off on my own work. However, now more work is being dumped on me since I have a warrant. For example, now when my supervisor is out of the office she wants me to review/sign documents for other team members.

I am the same grade as all the other 1102?s in my office so I feel like I should be offered a higher grade and/or a team leader title if management wants me to review and sign off on the rest of the team?s work.

What is your opinion on this? Should I approach my supervisor about a higher grade/title or does this just come with being a warranted 1102?

Eleven, What does your job description say your duties are? If your job description includes being a KO, then you are performing your assigned duties. Maybe everyone else is working below their pay grade as described in their job description.

Welcome to the wonderful world called Contracting. Its unfortunate but PWAC may have nailed it --- other duties as assigned! To the best of my knowledge, being a CO does not necessarily convey to team lead duties/responsibilities --- and definitely not to a supervisory role (at least not without DPC intervention). Ive experienced ktg units where out of 10 people total, 5 were warranted (but were neither team leads nor supervisors). Have also experienced the opposite... one warranted individual for a unit of 7-10 staff, with the Chief holding the only warrant (and was the only Supervisor).

My personal opinion: Display that warrant with pride! Let all the other 1102?s see it when they walk by; force them to raise their level to the standard you set! Pay increases and titles will come later when positions open, you?re promoted, and they?re not. When I received my warrant years ago, the increased responsibility, personal pride knowing that my skills were noticed, and respect of my peers was pay enough.

Just my two cents worth . . .