3 Questions for Senior 1102s (Current or Former)

FrankJon

The following questions are for "senior" 1102s. I'll define "senior" as having at least 15 years of 1102 experience, regardless of whether you are still an 1102 today.

1. What do you think was your best career decision?

2. What career decision do you most regret?

3. What is one piece of knowledge or information relating to the 1102 field (substantive or otherwise) that you wish you'd have known earlier in your career?

19 minutes ago, FrankJon said:
  • What do you think was your best career decision?

• What career decision do you most regret?

• What is one piece of knowledge or information relating to the 1102 field (substantive or otherwise) that you wish you'd have known earlier in your career? 

Becoming a 1102.  

I never regretted any career decision. 

Not a dang thing.

PS - I am not perfect.  I found the  40 years of my 1102 career path to be exciting and full of opportunity only limited by my own personal initiative to make it all it could be. 

1.  Entering the 1102 field - if I hadn't I would still be at Ft Benning as a 0318 GS-5.  Not trying to learn everything at once - Taking my time and trying not to be overwhelmed. Listening to wise more experienced personnel and never ever thinking that I know it all - not even now.

2.  I don't regret a thing.  

3.  Ignore those who will bring you down - those who are less capable than you, those who are jealous of your initiative and success.  Focus on your own success - cultivate  friendships and network - diversify your contracting experience.