Can FAR Clause be added at award not in the RFQ?

LBF

@joel hoffman, @Vern Edwards

1. Pepe provided a rationale for his recommendation that lacked context.

2. Having done a fair amount of research into the MAS Program, I knew that this rationale could get FSS contractors into trouble if relied upon in situations different from OP's.

3. I quoted only Pepe's rationale, addressed it, and provided citation.

4. My mistake, as far as I can see, was believing that it would be evident to the reader that I was addressing only the quoted text, not OP's issue. I've learned something from this.

Guest Vern Edwards
2 hours ago, FrankJon said:

I quoted only Pepe's rationale, addressed it, and provided citation.

I believe that this is the information at the citation that you provided:

Q: Is a GSA Schedule contractor required to accept any order placed against its Schedule contract? If a Schedule contractor is not obligated to and does not accept my order, how will I be notified?

A: The GSA Order, Eligibility to Use GSA Sources of Supply and Services[PDF - 447 KB], identifies those agencies and activities authorized to use GSA Schedule contracts. For orders above the minimum order specified in each Schedule contract, up to the maximum order threshold, GSA Schedule contractors are obligated to accept orders placed by activities within the executive branch of the federal government. Schedule contractors are not obligated, but are encouraged, to accept orders from agencies and activities outside the executive branch.

If a Schedule contractor is unwilling to accept an order above the maximum order threshold or from an agency or activity outside the executive branch, the order will be returned to the ordering activity within five workdays after receipt by the contractor. For orders that propose payment by the governmentwide commercial purchase card, the contractor must advise the ordering activity within 24 hours after receipt of the order. If the Schedule contractor fails to return the order, or advise the ordering activity, within the specified time frames, the order is considered to be "accepted" by the contractor and all provisions of the Schedule contract shall then apply.

Emphasis added.

The italicized/bolded statement in the quote is not correct. It would be correct if it stated:

For orders that conform to the terms of the Schedule contract and that are above the minimum order specified in each Schedule contract, up to the maximum order threshold, GSA Schedule contractors are obligated to comply with orders placed by activities within the executive branch of the federal government.

That has been the crux of the digressive discussion in this thread.