Multiple G&A Rates

Hello Sensis! Grasshopper here! Quick question. I have a VP here wondering out loud about multiple G&A rates for CONUS and OCONUS. One home office, here in US, we could set up another company in the country that we are looking at. He stated that at his past company, the not only had multiple CONUS/OCONUS. OH (onsite/offsite) and multiple G&A. I have seen multiple OHs and fringes, but multiple G&A? HELP!

Hello Sensis! Grasshopper here! Quick question. I have a VP here wondering out loud about multiple G&A rates for CONUS and OCONUS. One home office, here in US, we could set up another company in the country that we are looking at. He stated that at his past company, the not only had multiple CONUS/OCONUS. OH (onsite/offsite) and multiple G&A. I have seen multiple OHs and fringes, but multiple G&A? HELP!

Multiple G&A rates are possible. They can be established by product line or other organizational funtions. Pool and base costs are accumualated by product line/function and the G&A rate is based upon the financial activities of these units over the course of the measurement period.

Thanks! I do understand that you can have multiple G&A rates for the reasons that you identified. I am just speaking of having a contract for, application design in the US and one in say Germany, same company, same product.

Specifically, can/should I have a different G&A Rate for CONUS and OCONUS?

Thanks again.

Specifically, can/should I have a different G&A Rate for CONUS and OCONUS?

Thanks again.

Hi marcfgov,

The answer to your question is straightforward. It depends.

Generally, you have a G&A rate where you have a business unit or segment of the organization. If you want multiple G&A rates, I would expect to see multiple segments (see CAS 403 and 410).

You can have separate and unequal G&A rates for CONUS and OCONUS if you have a CONUS business unit/segment and an OCONUS business unit/segment, both reporting to a home office. (That will be three Disclosure Statements, for those who are counting-- though the Home Office won't likely have more than Parts I, VII and VIII.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Hi marcfgov,

Generally, you have a G&A rate where you have a business unit or segment of the organization. If you want multiple G&A rates, I would expect to see multiple segments (see CAS 403 and 410).

You can have separate and unequal G&A rates for CONUS and OCONUS if you have a CONUS business unit/segment and an OCONUS business unit/segment, both reporting to a home office. (That will be three Disclosure Statements, for those who are counting-- though the Home Office won't likely have more than Parts I, VII and VIII.

Hope this helps.

THANKS! I understand! I'll keep you posted!

Marc

Hi marcfgov,

Hope this helps.

THANKS! I understand! I'll keep you posted!

Marc