Contract Terms Query

Does the expiration of the 10 year limitation (Section 813 of NDAA) for Multiyear Contracting (Congressional Reporting Requirements-FAR 217.171) at 30 Sept 2009, affect decisions to enter a Service Contract for Aircraft Procurement (O&M) for 10 years? I am trying to find language whether statutory or legislative in nature that conveys current updates to the requirement should a contract exceed the 10 yr limitation mandating congressional reporting for appropriations. Does someone know any revisions in the 2010 NDAA or elsewhere?

Should I be thinking of a one base year plus x number option years?

Thanks

Does the expiration of the 10 year limitation (Section 813 of NDAA) for Multiyear Contracting (Congressional Reporting Requirements-FAR 217.171) at 30 Sept 2009, affect decisions to enter a Service Contract for Aircraft Procurement (O&M) for 10 years? I am trying to find language whether statutory or legislative in nature that conveys current updates to the requirement should a contract exceed the 10 yr limitation mandating congressional reporting for appropriations. Does someone know any revisions in the 2010 NDAA or elsewhere?

Should I be thinking of a one base year plus x number option years?

Thanks

The current contract is a 5 year base with 2 (2.5 yr options) totally 10 years. I was concerned about the 10 yr limitation requring congressional reporting, which expired last FY 09m, if that had any impact. I'm told I may have to do a one base with options and not a 5 yr base with incentive/options. I thought the 2010 NDAA had new language. I could not find.