Plan of Action for SB Goals

I received a request from my CO for a Plan of action moving forward to meet my SB Goals. We exceeded our SB goals for 2017, however we need not meet our SDB, WOSB, and HUBZone. My CO is requesting rationale on why the goals were not achieved. Has anyone had to address this and if so can you provide some examples

1 minute ago, tjsmith57 said:

I received a request from my CO for a Plan of action moving forward to meet my SB Goals. We exceeded our SB goals for 2017, however we need not meet our SDB, WOSB, and HUBZone. My CO is requesting rationale on why the goals were not achieved. Has anyone had to address this and if so can you provide some examples

What is your role? I've never heard of an individual being assigned small business goals.

sorry this is for our company, basically we submitted a SB Plan for the entire contract period and we did not meet all goals for 2017 and my CO is requesting a Plan of Action from my company, I am working with my PMO on this but having a hard time getting the letter started

You made certain assumptions when you established your goals, right? Explain what happened that you couldn't have reasonably expected (i.e., your mitigating factors) and how this affected meeting your goals. Cause and effect. Given what happened and the likelihood of it happening again in the future, describe what you plan to do differently in the future to meet your goals.

Are you saying, in effect, that you didn't subcontract out portions of the work that you had originally planned to sub to SDB, WOSB, and HUBZone firms?

Twice now I've developed first-time SB plans for contractors. Twice now the companies wanted the plans but they didn't want policies, procedures or anything that would show HOW the goals were going to be reached. They didn't want any changes to their org structures. They wanted the plans to show their prime, or their contracting officers, but that was all.

Depressing.