Cost Anylsis for T&M Contract

flitzer

I'm completely lost.  I have administer a T&M contract and the unit I am administering this contract has requested repair for an item.  The unit has submitted an estimate and a SOW for the services and the contractor has submitted a proposal.  So, my first question is regarding the labor hours: What cost evaluation method should I use?  Can I use the labor hours from the ICG only?  What justification do I have if I only use the ICG?  

Use your customer's estimates of labor categories and labor hours.

If you have issued an order for the same task, compare the current estimate to the historical figure. If they don't coincide, ask your customer to explain why they do not.

What is an ICG? 

napolik is describing is what I would call a “technical analysis” (see 15.404-1 (e) Technical Analysis) as part of a cost analysis.  Why not have the customer’s technical personnel who provided the estimate perform the analysis and justify their basis of estimate or otherwise advise you? 

3 hours ago, joel hoffman said:

napolik is describing is what I would call a “technical analysis” (see 15.404-1 (e) Technical Analysis) as part of a cost analysis.  Why not have the customer’s technical personnel who provided the estimate perform the analysis and justify their basis of estimate or otherwise advise you? 

This what I was looking for.  Thanks.