FPDS/Extent Competed/FAR 13.5

MMP514

FPDS reporting of actions above SAP but under FAR 13.5 commercial procedures - how are these reported in FPDS? I'm sure the answer is buried somewhere either in FAR or FPDS material, but throwing it out as time is of the essence.... gotta love the SCI reporting time of year! 

The question is fairly broad, so I'm not sure if this will help.  I'm assuming that you are issuing a purchase order under the authority at FAR Subpart 13.5.  If so, I believe it would be reported just as any other purchase order.  If I recall correctly, there is a specific field that asks if the action was awarded pursuant to the authority at Subpart 13.5.  See if this guide from the FPDS website helps.  Click on "Create a PO" under "Awards."

https://www.fpds.gov/help/index.jsp

Regarding the extent completed, the guide states:

F Competed under SAP:  Select this code when the action is competed under the Simplified Acquisition Threshold.
G Not Competed under SAP:  Select this code when the action is NOT competed under the Simplified Acquisition Threshold.

While the guidance uses the term "threshold", I've always followed the guidance in the name of the field itself, which is SAP.  Therefore, if I used SAP procedures over the SAT under Subpart 13.5, I would use one of these two responses as appropriate.

17 hours ago, MMP514 said:

FPDS reporting of actions above SAP but under FAR 13.5 commercial procedures - how are these reported in FPDS?

For any questions regarding FPDS-NG data accuracy, always consult the most recent FPDS-NG Data Dictionary (a simple Google search will do), and perform a CTRL+F keyword search until you find the information you're looking for. It's quick, and it will save you from trivial re-work.

For the answer to your question, go HERE and go to document pg. 108 (or PDF pg. 110).