The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Good afternoon,

I am researching if anyone is familiar with Blanket Task Order.  Similar to a Blanket Purchase Agreement except this one is for construction (repair of pipes, gas lines, water lines, etc.) that are less than SAP ($150K) and requires a quick response from contractor awarded the Blanket Task Order.

I have never heard of this procedure before.

Thank you for your assistance.

No, and the term does not exist in the FAR. It sounds like a confusion of terminology. Since you reference the simplified acquisition threshold (SAT, not "SAP," which refers to simplified procedures and is not necessarily tied to the $150k threshold), I really think you're referring either to a BPA or perhaps a task order under a BPA. See FAR 13.303-5.

What is it that you really want to know? You didn't ask a question. What if someone has heard of the exact thing you described? What next?

Thank you for the responses.  I meant SAT instead of SAP.  The inquiry is to determine if it is possible to use Blanket Task Ordering method for minor construction repairs, less than SAT ($150K).

FAR 1.102-4(e) reads in part -- "If a policy or procedure, or a particular strategy or practice, is in the best interest of the Government and is not specifically addressed in the FAR, nor prohibited by law (statute or case law), Executive order or other regulation, Government members of the Team should not assume it is prohibited. Rather, absence of direction should be interpreted as permitting the Team to innovate and use sound business judgment that is otherwise consistent with law and within the limits of their authority."

Since Blanket Task Order is not a FAR defined term you will have to describe the BTO precisely. MATOC, MACC, and various other terms are used to label contract actions.

What will the base agreement/contract be (Blanket Purchase Agreement, Basic Ordering Agreement, Indefinite-Delivery Contracts -- Indefinite Delivery, Definite Delivery, Requirements)? (as used in FAR 16.501-1, 16.501-2, 16.703, 13.303) Or something different altogether?

What types of orders will you issue? Is your choice in harmony with the base agreement/contract type?

I was in an office that orders construction services off of a Basic Ordering Agreement.

http://read.nxtbook.com/ncma/contractmanagement/september2015/tocontractornottocontract_feat.html

That office used Basic Ordering Agreements for various supplies and services (we were given wide latitude to experiment):

http://www.aviano.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/281555/four-contracting-airmen-garner-usafe-recognition/

Some Corps of Engineers Districts were doing something similar a few years ago.