The Commission on Government Procurement (December 1972)

From time to time over the years, I searched for the Commission on Government Procurement (COGP) report--a 4-volume set-- online.  I never could find it however I never gave up.  Yesterday, I found it and I am excited to share it with you.  It was published in December 1972, and in my opinion, is still the most thorough study of the federal contracting process.  Some of you may have heard of it, some of you may have read it, some of you may have searched through the supporting documentation for the study.  I was fortunate to have done all three.

In addition to the 4-volume COGP set, I have added the GAO reports that monitored the implementation of the COGP recommendations.

At the very least, you should click the links I have added and browse through parts of the report and its recommendations.  Then look at the GAO reports and see what was done to implement the COGP's recommendations.

It is federal contracting history.

• 3 weeks later...

Over on the Polls category, there is a listing of 99 members who answered which age group they were in.  Fifty-eight percent of our responding members are under 49 years of age.  Since the COGP report is 45 years old this month, It is probable that the majority of our members were born after it was issued.

The 99 members who responded are a small sample of our total members.  We are now approaching 5,000 members.