ONE CAGE CODE - TWO ENTITIES

Sabrina Barnes

I have a supplier that solicited us and when I check them on SAM the cage code that they gave is registered to another entity at the same address.  Can two entities be at the same address and use the same CAGE CODE?  They have two separate websites and email addresses.  I assumed originally that the second company was a dba, but they don't appear to be listed that way.  I need to issue a PIA before discussions on Build to Print and do not want to assume a dba relationship.  They registered through our corporate survey site as their own name with the latters cage and duns and the person who completed their registration and survey has an email domain of the "other" company.  Is there an issue here?

17 hours ago, Sabrina Barnes said:

Can two entities be at the same address and use the same CAGE CODE?

Found the below....looks like a conversation with the company will help sort out what is going on, recommend you call them.

PGI 204.1870-2  Maintenance of the CAGE file.

The following information and procedures are provided to assist contracting officers.

(a)  Assignment of CAGE codes for entities located in the United States or its outlying areas.

(1)  CAGE codes are assigned per legal entity at individual physical addresses (i.e., the same entity at the same physical address will not be assigned two or more CAGE codes). The only exception to this rule is when an entity has a registration in the SAM with multiple EFT addresses identified by multiple DUNS+4 numbers. In this case, each DUNS+4 number record is assigned a separate CAGE code to assist in correct processing of payments.