Evaluation Plan for first Task Order under IDIQ

WWF904

I just started in my new contracting job and I have been working with my KO about a proper evaluation plan for the first TO of one of our IDIQs contracts. The customer included the Business Approach and Technical/Management Approach in the TO Eval. Plan but my KO believes that they should only evaluate Past Performance and Price because the Tech and Business Approach evaluation should have been already done during the IDIQ selection. I have researched the FAR and found FAR 16.505 Ordering stating that "Formal evaluation plans or scoring of quotes or offers are not required". My KO believes that if the tech and business approach are included this will probably bring back all of the protests that were filed during the IDIQ contract award. I have been trying to look for a template of a proper TO Evaluation Plan to have an idea of how it should be done. I know each contracting organization have their own procedures and templates but I am not even sure if the idea of taking the tech and business approach out of the eval. plan is correct. Can you please post your advice?? I appreciate your time.

It depends on what the first TO is for. If the scope of the IDIQ contracts is very broad but now you have a TO requirement that is precise and specialized, you probably would want to evaluate the technical and business approach. However if the TO is essentially the same work as what was evaluated for contract award, then no.

Guest Vern Edwards
My advice is to do what your KO says. It sounds like he/she knows what he/she is doing.

It's hard to generalize without knowing more about the prospective task order, but in my opinion your CO has the right idea. Technical and business "approaches" are needlessly complicated and costly to evaluate for the award of a task order. Presumably, the government checked out the contractors when they awarded the IDIQ contract and determined that the awardees are capable of doing any work ordered under the contract. If I were the CO there would be no evaluation of technical and business approaches.

In future, please don't post the same question in more than place.

It's hard to generalize without knowing more about the prospective task order, but in my opinion your CO has the right idea. Technical and business "approaches" are needlessly complicated and costly to evaluate for the award of a task order. Presumably, the government checked out the contractors when they awarded the IDIQ contract and determined that the awardees are capable of doing any work ordered under the contract. If I were the CO there would be no evaluation of technical and business approaches.

In future, please don't post the same question in more than place.

Thank you for your prompt reply Mr. Edwards. I appreciate the information. It was not my intention to post the question more than once but my computer went blank the first two times I tried to do it, went it finally went through the third timeI noticed it was posted three times. I honestly tried to find out how I could delete the first two but I could not find out how to do it.