The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Sign in to follow this  
lotus

Solicitation questions and answers

lotus    0

Are the rules for solicitation questions and answers spelled out anywhere in the FAR or elsewhere?  My search did not find them.

I'm thinking of situations where the solicitation has a date to submit questions by, but that date is now in the past, and

(a) I have a new question, or

(b) the Q&A are published and the answers open more questions, or

(c) the Q&A are published, but the answer provided does not answer the question that was asked.

ji20874    0

lotus,

There are no rules.

A prospective offeror may ask a question about a solicitation at any time.  However, the contracting officer is not required to answer any question.

Retreadfed    0

ji is essentially correct.  However, a contracting officer who does not answer a question seeking clarification of a solicitation runs the risk of having a successful constructive change claim asserted by the contractor.

Or the risk of a pre-award protest. Contractors have to protest “alleged improprieties in a solicitation that are apparent prior to the closing time for receipt to proposals" before the proposal due date - so if a contracting officer will not clarify an RFP, contractors have a strong incentive to protest.