UCA - Required Contract Clauses

Client received a UCA with funding in excess of $750,000 from a DOD component via Form 1155. The UCA contained only the following clauses:  52.230-20, 52.216-24, 52.216-64, and DFARS 252.217-7027. There were no other contract clauses in the UCA.

Am I supposed to read-in required clauses via Christian Doctrine? For instance, should the CAS clauses be read into the contract? If not, why not? If yes, which clauses are assumed to be part of the contract and which ones were intentionally omitted?

Thanks

Vern,

Good question. Block 17 of the 1155 says "delivery/call" and references a BOA. I guess I'll go read the BOA to see if there are more contract clauses that should be read into the UCA.

Thanks

It seems you received an order under a BOA.

There are no clauses to be "read into the UCA."  Any clauses that apply should already be in the order itself or in the BOA.  

Regarding the pricing of the work, you will want to read FAR 16.703(d)(3).

Thanks all. The sequence of events went like this:

Me: I want to see the contract, especially Sections H and I, to see what it says.

Client: Here's the contract (Form 1155). There is no Section H or Section I.

Me: ??

Client: That's what we received.

Me: WIFCON help me.

WIFCON: Read the BOA

Me: Thank you.

The order (DD Form 1155) that references the BOA should incorporate by reference the provisions of the BOA -- see FAR 16.703(d)(2)(ii).

I'm just wondering...

• Is there really a BOA?
  • Is this a DPAS rated order that the contractor must accept?

4 minutes ago, ji20874 said:

The order (DD Form 1155) that references the BOA should incorporate by reference the provisions of the BOA -- see FAR 16.703(d)(2)(ii).

I'm just wondering...

• Is there really a BOA?
  • Is this a DPAS rated order that the contractor must accept?

The order references the BOA -- it states "Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) XXXX, this order is being awarded for ...."

Is there really a BOA? Yes.

Is this a DPAS rated order? Yes.