The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Whynot

Subcontractor as a Sales Agrent to Prime - Applicable Flowdowns

As a subcontractor, I will be performing exclusively as a sales agent of the prime (selling the prime's products and services to the customer). I will not be reselling, or providing any products or services being resold by the prime to the customer. How can one easily filter the prime contract clauses for those that applicable to a subcontractor sales agent?

A few thoughts...not sure you are a subcontractor in the normal sense of the word that I am accustomed to. Your principal might want to issue a different type contract to you, other than a traditional subcontract, one that perhaps focuses on ensuring you abide by all ethics and work rules required of employees and the prime. If the principal insists on issuing a standard type subcontract to you with flowdowns from the prime contract, you may be able to accept many of them because they would be inoperative/inapplicable to the work you are to perform (and you are not providing any goods). I can not envision what "selling the prime's product and services to the customer" means. Usually, the sale is memorialized in a prime contract. There isn't anything more to sell after that.    .

I don't see how you would be a subcontractor under the prime contract. Once a contract is awarded to the prime, what part of the contract work do you perform?