DFARS 252.203-7002 Requirement to Inform Employees of Whistleblower Rights Jan 2009

Hi,

The following clause is now contained in all DFAR contracts:

"REQUIREMENT TO INFORM EMPLOYEES OF WHISTLEBLOWER RIGHTS

(JAN 2009)

The Contractor shall inform its employees in writing of employee whistleblower rights and protections under 10 U.S.C. 2409, as described in Subpart 203.9 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement."

Does anyone have the "specific wording" that contractors are supposed to use to inform employees about their whistleblower rights? The clause above does not define the language.

I have found one poster online, but it is for Federal employees. Another poster I found is for DOT contractors which is not applicable to my company. Also, I assume that contractors are supposed to call a government hotline and not an internal contractor ethics hotline - is this correct? If so, does anyone know of the federal office that contractor employees should call and the number if you happen to have it?

Many Thanks,

ContractAdmin

Guest carl r culham

contractadmin - I did a little research and did not find a specific letter/poster. However you did not mention DFAR Subpart 203.9 which requires the clause be inserted. It does provide additional details that could be used for a letter, some that answer specific questions in your post. The Subpart is short and it might be an option to just provide it. Here is a link - http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/htm...rrent/203_9.htm

Hi,

The following clause is now contained in all DFAR contracts:

"REQUIREMENT TO INFORM EMPLOYEES OF WHISTLEBLOWER RIGHTS

(JAN 2009)

The Contractor shall inform its employees in writing of employee whistleblower rights and protections under 10 U.S.C. 2409, as described in Subpart 203.9 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement."

Does anyone have the "specific wording" that contractors are supposed to use to inform employees about their whistleblower rights? The clause above does not define the language.

I have found one poster online, but it is for Federal employees. Another poster I found is for DOT contractors which is not applicable to my company. Also, I assume that contractors are supposed to call a government hotline and not an internal contractor ethics hotline - is this correct? If so, does anyone know of the federal office that contractor employees should call and the number if you happen to have it?

Many Thanks,

ContractAdmin

Does anyone think the following notice may be sufficient?

"(a) As stated in 10 USC 2409, an employee of a contractor may not be discharged, demoted, or otherwise discriminated against as a reprisal for disclosing to a Member of Congress, a representative of a committee of Congress, an Inspector General, the Government Accountability Office, a Department of Defense employee responsible for contract oversight or management, or an authorized official of an agency or the Department of Justice information that the employee reasonably believes is evidence of gross mismanagement of a Department of Defense contract or grant, a gross waste of Department of Defense funds, a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety, or a violation of law related to a Department of Defense contract (including the competition for or negotiation of a contract) or grant.

"(B) A person who believes that the person has been subjected to a reprisal prohibited by paragraph (a) may submit a complaint to the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, and the complaint will be duly investigated as described in DFARS 203.903."

You might add an address for the IG, too. There's one included at DFARS 203.1003 that could be edited easily.