Contract Completion Statement, Vouchers

A contract uses Part 13 procedures, FAR 4.804-1(a)(1) is applicable, and there are no agency specific regulations. 

As part of closing out a contract file, FAR 4.804-5(b)(8) requires the contract completion statement to contain “Voucher number and date, if final payment has been made”.   What if there are multiple vouchers?  Are all vouchers and dates required to be listed, or at least cross-referenced, on the contract completion statement?  If so, why doesn’t (b)(8) read “Voucher number(s) and date(s), if final payment has been made”?

Or, is only the final voucher and date required?  If so, why doesn’t (b)(8) instead read “Final voucher number and date”?

FAR 4.804-5 does not apply to SAP actions (see 4.804-1(b)). 

Our agency has separate simplified closeout procedures for SAP actions, which include the final payment disbursement date, amount, and invoice number.  Even for other than SAP actions, we only document the final payment details, not all invoices.

Also, the word "voucher" is singular, so I would interpret it to mean only one.  It would make sense to document the last invoice and payment disbursement details since that is the date from which the retention period is calculated.

That would certainly be a change from our norm.  The non-SAP protocols have apparently crept into the SAP acquisitions and just became the way it’s done for all contracts.  Thank you.

To take this a step further, do you think less formal closeouts could apply to GSA orders as well?  I know they’re not Part 13 “SAP” nor do they meet the Part 2 definition, but GSA orders are, all things considered, pretty simplified acquisitions.

5 minutes ago, jwomack said:

To take this a step further, do you think less formal closeouts could apply to GSA orders as well?  I know they’re not Part 13 “SAP” nor do they meet the Part 2 definition, but GSA orders are, all things considered, pretty simplified acquisitions.

We use the same simplified procedures to closeout GSA orders as well as orders against ours and other agency IDCs.