15.404-1(d)(2) Class Deviation (Cost realism when establishing MAC IDIQ's)

JThomas

I believe this is a class deviation from GSA, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the source (I pulled the text below from a GSA RFP). Also, I'm wondering if there is anything similar for DoD?

FAR 15.404-1(d)(2) Class Deviation

• Changes to the current text are shown by [additions] and deletions.

• Five asterisks (*****) indicate there are no revisions between the preceding

and following sections

• Three asterisks (* * *) indicate there are no revisions between the material

shown within a subsection

15.404 - Proposal Analysis

15.404-1 - Proposal Analysis Techniques.

(d) Cost realism analysis.

(1) * * *

(2) Cost realism analyses shall be performed on cost-reimbursement contracts

to determine the probable cost of performance for each offeror. [Cost realism

analyses are not required when establishing multiple-award

indefinite-delivery indefinite- quantity (IDIQ) contracts. Cost

realism analyses shall be performed at the task- order level for cost reimbursement

orders.]

For DoD use of GSA Schedule contracts, specifically, see http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyvault/USA001004-14-DPAP.pdf

Thank you for the links. 

Background: I'm not using a GSA schedule. I'm in the process of establishing a MAC for a DoD component and came across the subject deviation in a GSA RFP during my research for the SSP. The deviation seems like a very logical approach that would save us a lot of time in the MAC pre-award process. Unfortunately, it looks like it is only a GSA deviation.

** Does anyone know how to unlock a WIFCON account that is linked to a unusable email address? I was working in Singapore for the last 3 years and I can't get into my account now that I'm back. My old account is linked to my Singapore email address which I can no longer check (@fe.navy.mil vs. @navy.mil) so I'm not able to reset my password. I tried sending an email to the admin, but did not get a response back.