www.farsite.hill.af.mil

Zidane

The latter could be a reminder to the administrator of the effect they have. There might als be a good reason why they changed the link. Since Don knows about it, he may be able to advise how to keep up with the site's administrators.  And an admin mod could be issued. I don't know how much effort it takes in today's computerized, paperless contracting systems to issue and process one by all parties involved in administering and  performing contracts vs notifying and filing the notice in the file till the next mod. 

2 hours ago, FAR-flung 1102 said:

Really??? Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how many current contracts include the now obsolete link to farsite.hill?  What's a diligent contract administrator to do? I suppose, send an eMail to the contractor, to be placed in the file, and wait until the next contract modification to include the new link. 

Either that or send off a note asking folks at Farsite.hill if the tail must really wag the dog...and hope for the best. 

While it can't hurt to make the change on the next modification, I don't think it is a necessity.  Both the provision and clause that include the hyperlink state "Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available" and that the clause or provision may be accessed at the link.  So, if the link does not work, the alternative is to ask the CO for the full text, upon which the CO will likely instead give requestor an updated link.

Guest Vern Edwards
1 hour ago, FAR-flung 1102 said:

What's a diligent contract administrator to do?

Use the official FAR site: www.acquisition.gov, or go to the fdsys.gov and look at the CFR version. In my opinion, it's not smart to include a web link to the FAR in a contract. 

1 hour ago, Vern Edwards said:

Use the official FAR site: www.acquisition.gov, or go to the fdsys.gov and look at the CFR version. In my opinion, it's not smart to include a web link to the FAR in a contract. 

With the exceptions of 52.252-1 and -2 (and any other place that may stipulate the requirement) where it is required to include a link to where the full text can be accessed electronically...