www.farsite.hill.af.mil

Zidane

Hello,

I use the Farsite website almost everyday. It has been down all week. I have called the help desk at the base and everywhere else I can think of to find out what is going on with it. Can anyone advise what is another very reliable, intuitive to use, current website for the FARS and DFARS clauses? Many government websites have out-of-date info regarding the FAR and DFARS or are not easy to use. For example, this website:

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfarspgi/current/ has a search box, but when I type in 252.204-7015 the site cannot find the clause.  This is the first time this clause has been in one of our Prime Contracts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Forza Italia! 

252.204-7015  Notice of Authorized Disclosure of Information for Litigation Support.

As prescribed in 204.7403(c), use the following clause:

NOTICE OF AUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION FOR LITIGATION SUPPORT (MAY 2016)

(a)  Definitions. As used in this clause—

“Computer software” means computer programs, source code, source code listings, object code listings, design details, algorithms, processes, flow charts, formulae, and related material that would enable the software to be reproduced, recreated, or recompiled. Computer software does not include computer data bases or computer software documentation.

“Litigation support” means administrative, technical, or professional services provided in support of the Government during or in anticipation of litigation.

"Litigation support contractor" means a contractor (including its experts, technical consultants, subcontractors, and suppliers) providing litigation support under a contract that contains the clause at 252.204-7014, Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Information by Litigation Support Contractors.

“Sensitive information” means controlled unclassified information of a commercial, financial, proprietary, or privileged nature. The term includes technical data and computer software, but does not include information that is lawfully, publicly available without restriction.

“Technical data” means recorded information, regardless of the form or method of the recording, of a scientific or technical nature (including computer software documentation). The term does not include computer software or data incidental to contract administration, such as financial and/or management information.

(b)  Notice of authorized disclosures. Notwithstanding any other provision of this solicitation or contract, the Government may disclose to a litigation support contractor, for the sole purpose of litigation support activities, any information, including sensitive information, received--

(1)  Within or in connection with a quotation or offer; or

(2)  In the performance of or in connection with a contract.

(c)  Flowdown. Include the substance of this clause, including this paragraph (c), in all subcontracts, including subcontracts for commercial items.

(End of clause)

Zidane,

I'm partial to the Farsite too because of its great search capabilities and easy navigation. I hope the site did not die or get taken over by an evil doer for ransom ...I've been using https://www.acquisition.gov/  and you can click on the tab "Supplemental Regs" for the DFARs and others. The search capabilities are sorely lacking, if not non-existent. 

You can try this: http://www.ecfr.gov/  The FAR is in Title 48.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have a search function or, if it does, I haven't figured it out.

I hope the Farsite problem is temporary.  I frequently use it and find it superior to the ecfr site.  Farsite has (or, at least, it had) deviations and other information that's lacking from other resources I'm aware of. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, Don Mansfield said:

This is the message I got from the WebMaster:

The AF NOSC is blocking all non .MIL. We are working to get it removed.

Hi Don, Do you have an email for the webmaster? Since they are blocking all non .mil domains I am unable to even find contact information. The acquisition.gov site is a huge step down especially for people that have used Hill's Farsite for years. I vaguely remember you providing a pdf version of the Farsite when I took CON 090 with you in 2012, any chance you have an updated version that you could post to wifcon?

Thanks,

Bob

1 hour ago, BobZeglin said:

Hi Don, Do you have an email for the webmaster? Since they are blocking all non .mil domains I am unable to even find contact information. The acquisition.gov site is a huge step down especially for people that have used Hill's Farsite for years. I vaguely remember you providing a pdf version of the Farsite when I took CON 090 with you in 2012, any chance you have an updated version that you could post to wifcon?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

The e-mail address is Hill.Farsite@us.af.mil. 

You can download a PDF version of the FAR at the acquisition.gov site. For a PDF version of the DFARS, DFARS PGI, and class deviations see https://acc.dau.mil/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=427779&lang=en-US

• 2 weeks later...

I used the FARSite FAR Clause Matrix today, and FAR 52.203-18, Prohibition on Contracting with Entities that Require Certain Internal Confidentiality Agreements or Statements-Representation, and 52.203-19, Prohibition on Requiring Certain Internal Confidentiality Agreements or Statements, aren't in the Matrix.

Thought maybe FARSite didn't have the latest FAC. Does have latest FAC:  2005-95/ January 19, 2017.

Then went to the FAR Clause Matrix in acquisition.gov and FAR 52.203-18 and 9 are in acquisition.gov's FAR Matrix.

Vern - acquisition.gov works perfectly fine if you know the area which you are looking for.  A listing of the FAR is a listing of the FAR.  

However, if you want to do some research on a term or phrase that site and are not quite sure exactly where it may occur in the FAR or various supplements, that site lacks that capability to do searches of that nature and so the farsite is preferred.  Farsite can search a term or phrase not only in the FAR, but also at the same time search various supplements. That feature alone makes it preferable for many of us who are not as well-versed as yourself.

Guest Vern Edwards
1 hour ago, Desparado said:

If you want to do some research on a term or phrase that site and are not quite sure exactly where it may occur in the FAR or various supplements, that site lacks that capability to do searches of that nature and so the farsite is preferred.  Farsite can search a term or phrase not only in the FAR, but also at the same time search various supplements. That feature alone makes it preferable for many of us who are not as well-versed as yourself.

Desparado:

I just did a quick and dirty search for "technical proposal" in the FAR at acquisition.gov (in both html and pdf), the Hill AFB FARSite,  at Westlaw, and at the ecfd. My conclusion is that neither acquisition.gov nor Hill AFB FARSite have adequate search engines for the kind of search you want to do.

I got eight appearances at the FARSite.

I got 224 appearances at acquisition.gov when searching in the html version (because it searched for technical and proposal separately).

I got 17 appearances in the acquisition.gov pdf version.

I got 15 location at Westlaw (locations, not individual appearances--the term appeared multiple times in some places, and there were many more than 15 appearances).

I got 71 appearances at the ecf, but in the time I had to do this I could not narrow the results to the FAR itself or verify the appearances, so that number includes supplements.

At the acquisition.gov, the FARSite, and the ecfr, the results were not listed in a well-ordered manner, but in scattershot fashion. I did not have time to see whether I could order them differently.

This was not thorough research. I did not take time to determine specific differences in outcomes. But, bottom line: if you want reliable, well-ordered results, then neither acquisition.gov (html) nor Hill AFB FARSite are suitable resources for the kind of word or phrase searches that you want to make. For a reliable search of the FAR with well-ordered results go to acquisition.gov (pdf), Westlaw (or Lexus). I don't know if the FARSite provides pdf versions of the FAR. If it does, then search the pdf, not the html.

I use Westlaw exclusively for the kind of searches that you want to make, but I know that most of you do not have access to it.

Vern,

I appreciate the efforts you took looking into this!  Perhaps it is just operator headspace and timing, but I am unable to find the html search feature on acquisition.gov/far.  This is why I, and probably others, were frustrated when that site was taken from us.  Although this discussion is now moot since we can again access the FARSite, I want to expand my knowledge about the acquisition.gov website. Are you able to share where the html search is hidden?  I guess perhaps I am spoiled because on the FARSite it is right there in large font <lol>

I agree the best way to search is by pdf but that creates new issues as well.  Although it is the most thorough, it has drawbacks of own such as the fact it is not as easy to cross reference something as with the FARSite.  For example, if I am researching a clause on the FARSite, the prescription is right there as a link that I can click and the reference instantly appears in another window.  If that has another reference I can click on that and a new window with that reference instantly appears. That may seem inconsequential, but with time being a valued commodity any keystroke saved is worthwhile.  It is a shame that the html searches under both the FARSite and acquisition.gov are lacking in thoroughness.  

Thank you again for your time looking into this.

Guest Vern Edwards
49 minutes ago, Desparado said:

Are you able to share where the html search is hidden?  

Html search is the default at acquisition.gov. When you go to acquisition.com and search the FAR, it searches the html base. In order to search in pdf you have to chose that option, download the FAR, and then conduct an Adobe search.

Thanks Vern.  I guess it is a matter of preference. I find the search features at the FARSite much more user-friendly.  It does concern me however that none of the searches (other than downloading a pdf and searching that way) yield thorough results.  Again, I appreciate your time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really??? Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how many current contracts include the now obsolete link to farsite.hill?  What's a diligent contract administrator to do? I suppose, send an eMail to the contractor, to be placed in the file, and wait until the next contract modification to include the new link. 

Either that or send off a note asking folks at Farsite.hill if the tail must really wag the dog...and hope for the best.