AFPAM and SABER

How is an Air Force Pamphlet that isn't in E-Publishing still in use? Our office was written up for not getting approval to award a SABER task order over $500K in accordance with AFPAM 32-1005 "working in the engineering flight", but am questioning its use at all. It doesn't have an expiration, but is not listed with the other AFPAMs in E publishing....

Any help in understanding the logic is very much appreciated

Is AFFARS Appendix DD still effective?  I found it at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/archive/affars/1996-5-cmp01o07/apdx_dd.htm#P24_4272 .  However, in tracing the page back to the basic AFFARS version, it was the 1996 edition.

I didn't find an Appendix DD in the Hill AFB AFFARS version, which is a 2013 reissuance of AFFARS.

Here is the 1996 edition of AFFARS, APPENDIX DD-SIMPLIFIED ACQUISITION OF BASE ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS PROGRAM PART 1-GENERAL , DD-104 Limitations.:

(c) Delivery order limitations. An individual SABER DO must not exceed $500,000, unless this limitation is waived by the installation commander. For projects over $500,000, the use of SABER pre-priced UPB may result in excessive project costs. Therefore, another contracting approach may be more appropriate. The $500,000 limitation also applies when a proposed modification to a delivery order would cause the delivery order to exceed $500,000. The waiver must be approved before the DO can be issued and is based on economic and mission requirements. The waiver authority may not be redelegated. The waiver package must include the following:

(1) A comparison of the cost of using the SABER DO versus that of the contracting approach that would otherwise be used. This analysis must be certified by the civil engineer commander;
(2) A statement signed by the civil engineer commander outlining the mission requirements and cost considerations that justify use of a SABER order instead of an alternative contracting approach; and
(3) The written approval signed by the installation commander.

NOTE: An approved waiver to the DO limitation does not negate the contractor's right pursuant to the clauses at FAR 52.216-19, Order Limitations, and FAR 52.216-22, Indefinite Quantity, to reject an order that exceeds the contract maximum.

In one of my searches, I found an Informational Guidance IG5336.9201-ch3 Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineer Requirements (SABER) at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/archive/affars/2012-0104/IG5336.9201-ch3.htm  There is no $500k limitation mentioned in it under Limitations. Is that document still effective?

EDIT: Others posted in the meantime that the AFPAM was rescinded in 2015. The IG5336.9201 that I discovered was apparently a version as of 2012.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Fleharty said:

You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to receive an improper write up based on outdated information.  Take the information provided by Vern and Jamaal to the reviewing official/organization and adjudicate the comments.

And check to see if the IG5336.9201-ch3 Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineer Requirements (SABER) is still effective, as it doesn't contain the old $500k restriction.

Mmy guess is that the SABER contracts were not supposed to be used for new construction projects exceeding the stat limit for "minor construction", which I think was $500k back in 1996. 

Deaner:  See 10 USC 2805 (c), below.  I meant to refer to the Operations and Maintenance funded minor construction project limit. The current limit is $1 million.  Installations don't normally have direct access to MILCON funding for unspecified minor MILCON projects. 

(c)Use of Operation and Maintenance Funds.—

The Secretary concerned may spend from appropriations available for operation and maintenance amounts necessary to carry out an unspecified minor military construction project costing not more than $1,000,000.

You can view 10 USC 2805 here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/2805