Identification of employees of all subcontractors

We are trying to determine who works for the subcontractors doing analysis in different countries throughout the world. We know the prime has various firms that are different tiers through out the world, is there any clause we can use to make them disclose all the employees of those firms that worked on our projects?

Hi brysch,

I imagine you can make the prime submit a CDRL to you with a headcount list, and perhaps even make the CDRL clause a mandatory flowdown to the subcontractors at various tiers (make the headcount list an SDRL for each subcontractor). My impression, though, is that it is going to cost you quite a bit to do so.

My experience with contractors of all sizes is that nobody -- none -- has a good handle on mapping their supply chain. By that I mean there is no overall picture at the prime level of all the first tier subs, then at the 1st tier level of all the second tier subs, and so on. There is no single picture of the program's supply chain. I'm not saying that nobody has ever done it, but I am saying that I've never seen it done and I've looked for it over the past few years.

Why should anybody map the supply chain? When a prime awards a subcontract, it holds the subcontractor responsible for, among other things, managing the lower tier subcontractors. Rightly or wrongly, execution and compliance risk is passed downwards. This is particularly true if the subcontract type is other than flexibly priced.

So if nobody has mapped out the subcontractors in a supply chain map, how are they going to give you the names of all the performing employees at every level? The answer is, they will if you make them, but they will charge you for it. Big time. Because to them, it's a non value-added task.

Hope this helps.

We are trying to determine who works for the subcontractors doing analysis in different countries throughout the world. We know the prime has various firms that are different tiers through out the world, is there any clause we can use to make them disclose all the employees of those firms that worked on our projects?

Is the analysis done by the subcontractor's employees billable to the Government? If so, wouldn't that information be in the invoice? If not, couldn't you simply ask for the invoice details?

What type of contract is it (FFP, T&M, CPFF etc.)?

Is it a security issue?