Proposal Management - Is there a better way?

REQWIN

I’ve worked as a contractor for the past couple of years and noticed the challenge proposal management posses to many company’s. Winning new business is extremely important, but many people work on proposals as an additional duty in conjunction with their client work. Full time proposal managers, technical writers and business development executives seem even busier, trying to keep up with the onslaught of RFP’s being released. This lead me and a friend to perform some research and talk with our friends/coworkers about their experiences.

Seeing all the problems and inefficiencies, we dug in and designed a prototype proposal management tool. Our focus is on providing proposal teams the greatest ROI possible. From capture planning through the review cycle to bid submission, we’ve developed the most intuitive user experience possible. At the same time we integrated new design to match a standard workflow that is flexible and scalable based on a company’s needs. The prototype is finished and we’re heading into development.

We’re looking for a 3-5 companies that would be interested in signing up as beta customers and help test this product while we build it. If this sound interesting and you would like to learn more check out www.reqwin.com or drop us a line at contact@reqwin.com. We can provide a product demo and tell you more about our vision. Thanks.  

Guest Vern Edwards
On 10/2/2016 at 10:53 AM, REQWIN said:

Seeing all the problems and inefficiencies, we dug in and designed a prototype proposal management tool.

I wish I had a nickel for every proposal management "tool" I've seen in 40+ years in government contracting. If your company has the time and resources to be a "beta" customer in this kind of experiment it isn't winning any business, so go ahead. You've got nothing to lose.

Thanks Vern. Well, based on what we've seen, there aren't many great solutions out there, which is why so many company's use MS Word, Excel and SharePoint. Using these tools company's waste tremendous time and resources. So, yeah, we figure there is nothing to lose in trying to offer a tailored solution. Of course people can always just do more of the same, that's always a choice. 

Guest Vern Edwards

The biggest problem you face as a developer is that there is no governmentwide standard for proposal content and format. Every acquisition is unique to a large extent when it comes to evaluation factors, proposal content, and proposal format. What kind of tailored solution can you offer? Tailored to what? The hard part of proposal preparation is selling through content--deciding what to say, how much to say within space limitations and deciding what not to say, especially when the government writes crappy instructions. How will your solution help with content?