FAR Part 5.1 5.101 Methods of disseminating information.

Does sending an email to three vendors satisy the FAR posting requirements for a Task order that is between $15,000 and $25,000?  

The FAR Part states the following, " (2) For proposed contract actions expected to exceed $15,000, but not expected to exceed $25,000, by displaying in a public place, or by any appropriate electronic means, an unclassified notice of the solicitation or a copy of the solicitation satisfying the requirements of 5.207(c). "

The FAR does not define "appropriate electronic means" in this Subpart nor does it define electronic means in FAR 2.1.  Would email constitute as an "appropriate electronic means"?  I looked up this term in a dictionary and the best definition I could find for electronic means is "computer".  

Thank You.

I am reading the paragraph differently:

Your options are to display:

1) in a public place; or

2) by an appropriate electronic means, an unclassified notice of the solicitation or a copy of the solicitation satisfying the requirements of 5.207(c). 

You are correct.  There is no definition of "an an appropriate electronic."  Per the dictionary definition of those words, use your computer or similar device to display the notice somewhere public in a method that makes sense.  

Does your our agency have a forecast on its website? You could put the information there.  Is there a website forum where contractors of a particular trade visit? Post it there.  Post it electronically any where that makes sense.