Hourly Rates for Additional Services

The Contract requires to "Quote a price per hour for providing additional services when ordered that are in addition to the services specified herein for the basic services." Should they be the same as a price per an hour for basic services or should they include an overtime? 

Hi Lara,

That's a good question. I would start by looking at what your company expects to see for such additional services. Are these additional services to be performed during the normal workweek, or are they urgent/emergency services to be performed whenever the tasking comes in? Based on your answer, I would then look at who will be performing those services -- existing staff or additional staff, and how much they will be paid for performing them (straight time, premium overtime, shift differential, etc.). I would figure out what the labor cost was actually going to be and then burden it appropriately, including a profit component. That's what I would submit.

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, here_2_help said:

Hi Lara,

That's a good question. I would start by looking at what your company expects to see for such additional services. Are these additional services to be performed during the normal workweek, or are they urgent/emergency services to be performed whenever the tasking comes in? Based on your answer, I would then look at who will be performing those services -- existing staff or additional staff, and how much they will be paid for performing them (straight time, premium overtime, shift differential, etc.). I would figure out what the labor cost was actually going to be and then burden it appropriately, including a profit component. That's what I would submit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Navy_Contracting_4 said:

Lara,

I suggest you ask the contracting officer what is expected.  Since that is who will be receiving the quote, (s)he is the best person to tell you what (s)he needs.

Thank you. That's what I am going to do.