130 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Age Group?

• 60 Years and Above
    • 50 to 59 Years
    • 40 to 49 Years
    • 30 to 39 Years
    • 29 Years and Under

This poll is closed to new votes

Wifcon.com seeks users of all ages and it must cater to all ages.  I've placed your responses into 5 groups.  Please click the age group in which you are included.  The purpose of this poll is to attempt to provide you with a better Wifcon.com experience.

This is an anonymous poll so your display name is not shown with your vote.   

The "members have voted" number does not equal the number who voted by group because one vote was not recorded by the software.  Since that vote was not recorded in the proper category, I have added my only vote to that category.  Of course, that continues the difference between the vote statistics but now the missing vote is in its proper category.

• 11 months later...

This poll is now about 18 months old.  So, some Members may have moved into a higher age group.  However, nearly 47 percent of our Members who answered the poll are in the age groups of 39 or younger.  If we add the 40 to 49 age group to the younger 2 groups, the under 49 age groups are about 60 percent of our Members.

• 1 year later...

This unscientific poll is now about 37 months old.  So, some Members who voted may have moved into a higher age group skewing the results.  However, look at the distribution.

• 45.46 percent of our Members who answered the poll are/were in the age groups of 39 or younger. 
  • 41.82 percent of our Members who answered the poll are/were in the age groups of 50 or older. 
  • 12.73 percent who answered the poll are/were right in the middle at 40 to 49.

This poll has remained open for anyone who wishes to add to it.  If you haven't answered the poll in the past 20 months or so, please go ahead.  If you can't remember if you answered the poll, the software should not allow you to vote again.

Guest PepeTheFrog

96 years young

born in 1923

this is a haiku

old PepeTheFrog

hopping around for so long

time goes by slowly

youngsters don't get it

with their cell phones and iPads

try out the slide rule

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bob, it may be time to lock this poll and start a new one. It’s been six years since the poll was opened. Thanks.  

21 minutes ago, bob7947 said:

It wouldn't hurt if I did.

If possible, can you add a breakdown to distinguish the age groups of those members responding who say they are current government employees from we others who are either retired or non-government? Something like overall age groups and subgroups of current employees…?

10 hours ago, bob7947 said:

Joel, the reason I kept it simple is because I'm hoping more than a handful of members submit a vote in in the next year.

Bob, I was thinking simply to answer yes or no to “Are you a current Federal acquisition employee?”   (Or “contracting employee”, if you prefer) And identify your age group. I think that would be simple. 

Then you, as the webmaster can analyze the data yourself to determine the age breakdown of current employees and the rest of the membership. Allows you to know the breakdown for the general membership and for the active federal employee contracting membership. You could share that with us occasionally. 

53 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Perhaps to drum up interest you could create a guessing function, where you guess our ages and we earn plush toy prizes if you miss.

I did something like that years ago.  I offered $50 or $100 for doing something.  Someone won and it took me forever to convince the winner that he was going to be getting the money.  That was the last time I tried that.

51 minutes ago, joel hoffman said:

Bob, I was thinking simply to answer yes or no to “Are you a current Federal acquisition employee?”   (Or “contracting employee”, if you prefer) And identify your age group. I think that would be simple. 

Then you, as the webmaster can analyze the data yourself to determine the age breakdown of current employees and the rest of the membership. Allows you to know the breakdown for the general membership and for the active federal employee contracting membership. You could share that with us occasionally. 

I thought about a number of simple ways to do it.  So far, we have 4 responses -- out of 7,000 registered users.

1 hour ago, bob7947 said:

I thought about a number of simple ways to do it.  So far, we have 4 responses -- out of 7,000 registered users.

I was going to wait, in the event that you wanted to modify it to get a clearer picture of the actual share of users that are currently in the contracting career field. I’m sure that there are other acquisition workforce members in addition to non-fed and retired fed members. Just sayin’ 🤠

• bob7947 changed the title to Age Groups of Wifcon Forum Members -- 2016
  • 4 weeks later...