FAR 6.202 Establishing or Maintaining Alternative Sources

I am using FAR 2.202 for the first time.  I read through what is required and know I need to do a D&F and also need to post the solicitation on fbo.  Is there anything additional I should/need to know? Do you know where I can find a sample solicitation using "Full and Open Competition After Exclusion of Sources?" Your assistance is appreciated.

Guest Vern Edwards

48 minutes ago, dreambig101 said:

Do you know where I can find a sample solicitation using "Full and Open Competition After Exclusion of Sources?"

1. Go to FedBizOps.
  2. Go to "Advance Search."
  3. Scroll down to "J&A Statutory Authority."
  4. Select "FAR 6.302-3."
  5. Select any other search criteria of interest.
  6. Indicate that you want to search both active and archived documents.
  7. Click on "Search."
  8. Check results. Look for solicitations that you can download or call COs conducting such acquisitions.

Guest Vern Edwards

I see that now.

Follow the same steps, but in step 3 scroll down to "Fair Opportunity/Limited Sources Justification Authority," then in step 4 click on "Other Statutory Authority."

A solicitation under FAR 6.202 will be identical in every respect to a non-6.202 solicitation, except that you might add a statement in Section H (if you are using the Uniform Contract Format) such as, "[The Agency] has determined that excluding [Company Name] from this contract action will [Take Your Pick from 6.202(a)(1) through (5)].  Accordingly, [Company Name] is excluded from participation in this acquisition."