Powerpoint presentation on competition and use of sole source

Boof

All,

Would anyone have a presentation on the need and purpose of competition that morphs into the exceptions for sole source?  I am the Competition Advocate and was asked to train a group on how to best write sole source letters.  I told them that  they should not be writing a lot of sole source letters in the first place but I would present on obtaining competition, why we have to do it, why we should do it, etc.  Then go into a "but if you must sole source, here are the rules. 

I can put it together myself but would love to save a bunch of manhours if someone has one already that I can edit.     

Guest PepeTheFrog
On 7/15/2016 at 6:42 PM, Boof said:

how to best write sole source letters.  I told them that  they should not be writing a lot of sole source letters

What is your definition of a sole source letter? PepeTheFrog has heard that term used in private industry (business to business), but you said you're the Competition Advocate, presumably for a Federal agency. Who is your audience? 

Thanks Policy Guy.

Pepe, I am in a Federal contracting Office and am briefing personnel from program offices on the preference of full and open competition, what exceptions are available and how to best write thier sole source/limited source justification letters.