FFP LOE and The FAR

SubK

We have several task orders under an IDIQ.  They have all been awarded as FFP LOE.  I have not been able to find much guidance on the FFP LOE type contract.  On one of our task orders we bid a certain labor mix, with hours and dollars associated.  Lets say we bid 12 SME I's for 600 k  in an optional surge and then during execution of the task order, that optional surge gets turned on, only the customer says they want 6 SME II's, and so we provide resumes and request approval for these 6 SME II's along with their rates, and the cost will be under 600 k.  The contracting officer comes back and approves the resumes and rates.  Then, months later the contracting officer sends an email saying we need to realign our LCAT's to meet what we proposed initially with the 12 SME I's.  

Can anyone give me FAR references that govern this on an FFP LOE, I guess I would just like concrete knowledge of why we can or cannot do this.

Thank you, 

SubK

You used the phrase "optional surge" which suggests the surge was a pre-priced option. Your post then suggests the CO did not exercise the option as priced. Do I have that right?

If so, I recommend you research "exercise of options" rather than FFP LOE contract type. You may have some interesting results to consider.

Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, here_2_help said:

SubK

You used the phrase "optional surge" which suggests the surge was a pre-priced option. Your post then suggests the CO did not exercise the option as priced. Do I have that right?

If so, I recommend you research "exercise of options" rather than FFP LOE contract type. You may have some interesting results to consider.

Hope this helps.

It looks like the government is planning to restructure a priced option on a task order that may or may not have been competitively awarded. Is that the same as restructuring a contract level priced option? I don't know. 

"It looks like the government is planning to restructure a priced option on a task order that may or may not have been competitively awarded. Is that the same as restructuring a contract level priced option? I don't know."

I don't know either and I hope SubK comes back to give us the necessary information to help out.