Federal Acquisition Regulations System - Usability & Satisfaction

bob7947

Satisfaction with FAR System  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Find the FAR System To Be Usable?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If You Answered Yes to the Above Question, Are You Satisfied With the Current FAR System?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Voted No to the First Question

Software Glitch:  If you answer No to the first question, you are forced to answer something to get out of the questions.  That is why you see the third option in the second question.

I added an earlier poll and then tried to add a second question to an existing poll.  That didn't work.  So, let me try again with a re-start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The FAR System is briefly defined in the FAR as:

The Federal Acquisition Regulations System is established for the codification and publication of uniform policies and procedures for acquisition by all executive agencies. The Federal Acquisition Regulations System consists of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), which is the primary document, and agency acquisition regulations that implement or supplement the FAR.

Before the FAR System, there was the Federal Procurement Regulation (Civilian Agencies) and the Defense Acquisition Regulation (before that the Armed Services Procurement Regulation) for Defense agencies.

When we go to the founding laws--if that is what we want to call it--we have the Armed Services Procurement Act of 1947 and the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949.  Of course, procurement or acquisition law goes back to 1792 in the United States. 

Notice the word uniform in the FAR System.  You cannot have uniformity when Congress has House and Senate Armed Services committees.  Other Congressional oversight committees have done their best to balkanize civilian agency contracting rules.  

So now we have this regulations and that is not all of them.  Now it is time to answer the question in the Poll

Please complete this poll on the FAR System's usability and satisfaction.  I believe it can add some useful information to the debate.  I set a minimum of 20 responses that I require to keep this poll permanent.  It takes less than a minute to fill out and we only need 8 more responses to reach the required minimum.