Compliant Procurement File Documentation

tjsmith57,

I'm fairly confident I know the reason you haven't received any replies to your post.

The answer to your question is highly dependent on your company's procurement policies and procedures. As in: A compliant procurement file is one that meets the stated requirements of your company's command media.

If your company doesn't have written policies, procedures, standards, and instructions then you are in a world of hurt and I shouldn't think you will pass your CPSR. There are consultants who specialize in helping such companies and a quick search on LinkedIn will identify them for you.

Now, what if somebody had answered your question and provided you with a very detailed list of required items -- e.g., purchase requisition, purchase order, documentation of sources sought, documentation of price evaluation or cost analysis if required, sole/single source justification if required, documentation that EPL (or whatever it's called these days) was checked, documentation of executed reps/certs, documentation of insurance/bonds, evidence that all public laws were complied with, etc., etc. -- well, what good would that do you? The CPSR team would show up and they'd have their own opinion and might write you up ... your only defense would be that somebody on WIFCON told you that was good enough so the CPSR reviewer(s) should accept that. Trust me, that's not going to work out for you.

You can solve your company's problem by hiring the right consultant and listening to them. I don't think you can solve it by listening to somebody on the internet.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you some idea in general, assuming the funding is equal to or lower than the contract price, you would not need a price analysis or source justification or debarment or usual certifications or usual flowdowns because those were included in the initial file documentation for the procurement. The change documentation should include the established authorizing document for the funds, a written request from the subcontractor for the funds and a summary of the work scope and/or period of performance for the added funds.  

NJRobe,

Interesting thoughts. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you cannot know those are the documents required.

Let me give you a quick example: Contractor has a Delegation of Authority with an Approval Limit based on dollar value. Original award funding was within first level supervisor's authority to approve, but the new incremental funding exceeds the supervisor's delegated authority. What documentation is now required?

Or: Incremental funding includes funding for work scope not in original bid. What documentation is now required?

You don't know because you cannot know. You don't know the contractor's policies, procedures and practices.

H2H